Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 2004 06:11:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John DeStefano <deesto@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Radek Kozlowski <radek@raadradd.com>
Subject:   Re: can't install ndiswrapper

--- Radek Kozlowski <radek@raadradd.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 07:04:36PM -0700, John DeStefano wrote:
> > Yes; thanks, that's where this all started... problem for me is I
> don't
> > have a /sys/modules/ndis directory (or even sys/compat/ndis), even
> > though I have installed 5.2.1-RELEASE. That's why I was trying to
> get
> > this Linux package to work.  I'll gladly take any further help I
> can
> > get.
>
> See here http://www.freebsddiary.org/ibm-thinkpad-t41.php, the
> "Project
> Evil - the wireless card" part.

Thanks Radek.  For some reason, my original reply didn't make it into
my copy of the list's digest.

I've also gotten a recommendation to try installing CURRENT, as the
implementation for NDIS apparently wasn't ready in time for RELEASE.
Sounds like one of the very few times using CURRENT would be the
correct thing to do...

I'll give CURRENT a try, and if it fails, I'll go with the suggestions
in the Diary (which are basically to grab the relevent source bits from
5.2-CURRENT (probably better to use 5.3 at this point) and install from
there).  I can report the results to anyone interested.

> Good luck.

Again, thanks Radek.

> -Radek

~John