Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 1996 04:44:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        andreas@knobel.gun.de, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: I'd vote to put the CVS repository onto the next FreeBSD CD-Rom

 * But I might be able to squeeze it onto the first CD someplace.  I'd
 * also like to put the CTM base deltas there, somehow.

Do you think it's possible to replace srcdist with cvsdist?  Then it
wouldn't take much more space.

Of course, we need to ship the release with scripts that will extract
any of the former srcdists from the tar'ed, compressed and split-up
cvsdist (without first unpacking it on the hard disk).  Basically, we
need a "tarcvs" that we can use like "cat cvs*.?? | gunzip | tarcvs
-input - -subdir share -command co -rRELENG_2_1_3".

(Hmm, looks like a good term-project for an undergrad.... :)

Satoshi