Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:12:10 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        Alexander Kabaev <ak03@gte.com>, "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: gcc-3.3 issues

--Boundary-02=_ixBG/+8IbpfGh0+

On Friday 18 July 2003 17:37, Alexander Kabaev wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 10:33:58 -0500
>
> "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> > I also recall lots of missing `typename's in the system headers that
> > were resolved in the actual GCC distribution.
> >
> > Alexander, do the STL headers et. al. get updated with the rest of the
> > compiler chain?
>
> Yes. But libstdc++ itself lags a bit behind GCC features. The reason why
> GCC ports are not reporting any errors is because by default GCC
> suppresses warnings from system headers, and C++ headers are considered
> system. We disable this suppression in imported compiler.

I guess the next question is whether this is fixable, maybe even by enablin=
g=20
said supression, at least for a short while. It seems the better fix than t=
o=20
go and remove -pedantic from all the helloworlds that may linger in the=20
ports-tree.

=2D-=20
Michael Nottebrock \        KDE on FreeBSD    \            ,ww =20
                    \            ---           \   ,wWWCybaWW_)=20
                     \  http://freebsd.kde.org  \   `WSheepW'    free
                                                 \    II  II     node

--Boundary-02=_ixBG/+8IbpfGh0+

--Boundary-02=_ixBG/+8IbpfGh0+--