Date:      Thu, 28 Apr 2005 00:26:50 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Darren Reed <darrenr@hub.freebsd.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Patchset to fix ipfilter build breakage

--p4qYPpj5QlsIQJ0K

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 04:32:06PM +0000, Darren Reed wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 06:56:08PM +0300, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> > - rescue is still broken: the libipf library is a
> >   culprit -- it has a lot of undefined symbols that
> >   consumers are expected to provide, thus preventing
> >   it to be used in rescue.  When compiling a rescue
> >   binary, it fails with the following:
>=20
> I've been thinking and discussing this.
>=20
> Firstly, we don't need all the tools, just ipf should be ok.
>=20
I'll take this as a data point.

> So the trick then is to compile all of the libipf .o's into ipf.lo or
> link libipf.a into ipf.lo
>=20
Linking with libipf.a would mean that we provide the libipf.a library
in /usr/lib, which you wanted to avoid.

> How's that sound to you?  Can you please supply patch to fix that ? O:-)
>=20
I can provide a fix tomorrow after a sleep.  It shouldn't be too hard to
implement (we can easily differentiate when we're building for rescue).
Hold on...

Cheers,
--=20
Ruslan Ermilov