Date:      Thu, 7 Jun 2007 12:16:15 +0300
From:      Nikos Vassiliadis <nvass@teledomenet.gr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Whats eating my cpu ?

On Thursday 07 June 2007 11:35, Ian Lord wrote:
> Most of the interrupts avg 1000 are with clk, I guess this is the
> clock... I guess it has something to do with the fact I'm currently
> running under "Microsoft Virtual Server"

Ah it's a virtual machine! Add to /boot/loader.conf kern.hz="100".
This will make the kernel tick 100 time per second. The default is
1000 times per second, which might be a bit high for your virtual
machine "server". Don't know if it's going to affect your situation,
but it's good to set it this way, anyway.

Most virtual machine users, face problems with timing...

HTH, Nikos