Date:      Sun, 02 Jul 2000 02:51:55 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Coleman Kane <cokane@one.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org, multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: UDF (DVD fs)

I am working on UDF support.
I have at present a program that reads a udf filesystem
and am working (today) on making it into an "mtools" like
program that allows access to the contents in a useful manner.

I will eventually turn this into a  (readonly) filesystem, and it
is designed with that in mind (it uses a buffer cache etc, like
the kernel.  (in other words I'm prototyping).

I will at some stage also try make a UDF creation module for mkisofs
as well.

In the meanwhile you should be able to mount most modern DVDs using
the ISO9660 filesystem as they should be "bridge" format, (in which
there is metadata for both types of filesystems).

Julian

--
      __--_|\  Julian Elischer
     /       \ julian@elischer.org