Date:      Wed, 17 Aug 2016 11:18:42 -0500
From:      Linda Kateley <lkateley@kateley.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HAST + ZFS + NFS + CARP
References:  <61283600-A41A-4A8A-92F9-7FAFF54DD175@ixsystems.com> <20160704183643.GI41276@mordor.lan> <AE372BF0-02BE-4BF3-9073-A05DB4E7FE34@ixsystems.com> <20160704193131.GJ41276@mordor.lan> <E7D42341-D324-41C7-B03A-2420DA7A7952@sarenet.es> <20160811091016.GI70364@mordor.lan> <1AA52221-9B04-4CF6-97A3-D2C2B330B7F9@sarenet.es> <472bc879-977f-8c4c-c91a-84cc61efcd86@internetx.com> <20160817085413.GE22506@mordor.lan> <465bdec5-45b7-8a1d-d580-329ab6d4881b@internetx.com> <20160817095222.GG22506@mordor.lan>

The question I always ask, as an architect, is "can you lose 1 minute
worth of data?" If you can, then batched replication is perfect. If you
can't.. then HA. Every place I have positioned it, rsf-1 has worked
extremely well. If i remember right, it works at the dmu. I would
suggest try it. They have been trying to have a full freebsd solution, I
have several customers running it well.

linda