Date:      Fri, 6 Nov 1998 18:15:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bryce Newall <data@dreamhaven.net>
To:        Stephen Derdau <sderdau@ne.mediaone.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Trouble with APSFilter

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Stephen Derdau wrote:

> ldconfig_paths="/usr/lib/compat /usr/X11R6/lib /usr/local/lib"  #shared
> lib search path
>
> 	seemed to help when I was getting similar
> 	error messages.

Thanks for the advice!  Sad to say, though, it didn't help.  I ran
ldconfig -r, and it showed that the directories you named were already in
ldconfig's path (along with a few others).  Just for kicks, I ran ldconfig
-R to rescan the directories, and then tried to make install again, but it
still failed.