Date:      Mon, 08 Aug 2005 12:32:48 +0200
From:      Andre Oppermann <andre@freebsd.org>
To:        Dave+Seddon <dave-sender-1932b5@seddon.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: running out of mbufs?

Dave+Seddon wrote:

> Also thanks for the info on the VLAN searching.  I think the adjustment you
> suggested sounds good, but at bit out of my league.  It seems there are
> plent of things to tweak in the kernel still.

Yes, there are some rough edges.  I'm starting to work on them right now. :)

> BTW, I'd be interested to know people's thoughts on multiple IP stacks on
> FreeBSD.  It would be really cool to be able to give a jail it's own IP
> stack bound to a VLAN interface.  It could then be like a VRF on Cisco.

There is a patch doing that for FreeBSD 4.x.  However while interesting
it is not the way to go.  You don't want to have multiple parallel stacks
but just multiple routing tables and interface groups one per jail.  This
gives you the same functionality as Cisco VRF but is far less intrusive
to the kernel.

--
Andre