Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 2003 11:21:22 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm-dated-1047316882.0f21b0@mired.org>
To:        <fozekizer@attbi.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: out of curiosity..

In <000101c2e2c3$409dd1e0$05040101@socrates>, charles pelletier <fozekizer@attbi.com> typed:
> is there an app that would allow me to play CDs on my BSD box and have that
> stream over an intranet? I want to set up a CD tower that allows for that
> sort of thing. Here's what i've got:

I use esd to stream audio over the net. I capture it from my stereo on
one machine, and play it back on a second one, using ssh to stream the
data from standard out of the recorder to standard in of the player.

If you've got atapi CD rom drive you can use the track devices with dd
to read the data instead of esdrec. If you've got a SCSI device, you
can use cdda2wav.

	<mike