Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 2002 20:12:14 +0930
From:      Brian Astill <bastill@sa.apana.org.au>
To:        "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@lemis.com>, FreeBSD LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: What do we need in a FreeBSD desktop? (was: Peter heads back to M$FT WinBloze [support groups])

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 13:06, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> >> My questions to you: is there anything missing?

I'd vote for the inclusion of le and making it the default editor.
It is simple and IMHO all one could need for editing config files and the
like.  It is also DEAD simple to use for the beginner.
You would also need emacs for serious editing, of course.

I'd prefer the slightly more up-market links to lynx.

You also seem to be missing burncd (we aren't all equipped with SCSI
burners<g>)

Although a gnome option is reasonable, I'd stick with KDE as the default.
Somehow it seems to be the more complete of the two.  When I had Gnome
running I invariably had the KDE apps as my preferences.

If I think of more - then more will come :-)

--
Regards,
Brian