Date:      Wed, 8 Dec 2004 14:21:14 -0600 (CST)
From:      klr@6s-gaming.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Multiple IPs in jail

It would be AWESOME if FreeBSD supported multiple IPs per jail.
In my opinion, this is one of FreeBSD's greatest disadvantages on the
virtual server market, as some specific customers will always require
multiple IPs (shell providers for one).

Also, interface virtualization and firewalls inside jails would be another
killer feature.. I believe 4.10 now has a working patch which lets this
happen.. Multiple IP jails + Interface virtualization/firewalls per jails
would bring FreeBSD even further on the server market.

I think this should be worked for the 5.4-RELEASE.

Just my 2 cents.

> On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 11:51:10 +0100, Devon H. O'Dell
> <dodell@sitetronics.com> wrote:
>> Justin Hopper wrote:
>> Correct. 5.x does not have this feature; Aaron, please read for
yourself before you are rude towards others.

> Turn's out *I* missed something. I'd have sworn up and down 5.3's jail
implementation had multiple IP support. I distinctly remember reading
that tidbit and thinking how great it was. I can't find what I thought I
read and it turns out I'm completely wrong.