Date:      Sun, 11 Apr 2004 01:52:31 +0100
From:      Pete Carss <itinerant@mac.com>
To:        Scott Mitchell <scott+freebsd@fishballoon.org>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cisco driver stopped working with -current

Scott Mitchell wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 10:47:47PM +0100, Pete Carss wrote:
>
>>This is what I got - note I assumed you meant not to set the two
>>variables I set previously??
>

> Exactly what I needed.  It looks like the driver is matching _any_ card
> passed to it... I should be glad more people haven't hit this yet :-(
>
> The attached patch should fix the problem - could you try building a new
> kernel with this patch and see if it works for you?  ie:
> 	save the patch somewhere
> 	# cd /sys/dev/xe
> 	# patch < /tmp/if_xe_pccard.patch (or wherever you saved it)
> 	build/install/boot a new kernel as usual
>
> If you try inserting the Aironet with hw.xe.debug=2 again, you should get
> a lot of repetitions of "xe0: pccard_product_match", then nothing else
> from the xe driver.  The right driver should then come along and claim the
> card.
>
> Cheers,
>
> 	Scott

....and as if by magic:

xe0: pccard_match
xe0: pccard_product_match
xe0: pccard_product_match
xe0: pccard_product_match
xe0: pccard_product_match
xe0: pccard_product_match
xe0: pccard_product_match
xe0: pccard_product_match
xe0: pccard_product_match
xe0: pccard_product_match
xe0: pccard_product_match
xe0: pccard_product_match
xe0: pccard_product_match
xe0: pccard_product_match
xe0: pccard_product_match
xe0: pccard_product_match
xe0: pccard_product_match
xe0: pccard_product_match
xe0: pccard_product_match
xe0: pccard_product_match
an0: <Cisco Systems 340 Series Wireless LAN Adapter> at port 0x100-0x13f
irq 10 function 0 config 5 on pccard1
an0: got RSSI <-> dBM map
an0: supported rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps
an0: Ethernet address: 00:40:96:44:b5:ed
an0: [GIANT-LOCKED]

....sweet as! Thanks very much - I also finally learnt how to apply a
patch properly - I always found this elusive under FreeBSD...

Pete