Date:      Tue, 29 Feb 2000 11:11:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
To:        Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-STABLE <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Trouble installing xpdf port in 3.4-stable

Today Vivek Khera wrote:

> MH> I do not know if "should" would be the word I would choose, however it
> MH> fits the situation well. Personally, I cvsup ports every night, but I'm
> MH> a little bit over-obsessed with things being "new" =)
>
> I do as well, but I find it a bit tedious to scan the updated files
> list to see what is really updated.  Has anyone got a method to say
> typing "make whatsnew" in the top of ports and have it scan my
> existing ports and the current index and tell me what's out of date
> version number wise?

pkg_version(1)

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null