Date:      Fri, 10 Sep 2004 13:42:52 +0200
From:      "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@kayjay.nl>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup, SetAttrs, I've read the FAQ

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 02:22:53PM -0400, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@kayjay.nl> writes:
>
> > I would like to get rid of the 'SetAttrs' lines in the cvsup logs.
> > Of course I found the FAQ at http://www.cvsup.org/faq.html#setattrs ;
> > I have umask=2 defined in my supfile, always run as root and after removing
> > the checkout files, these files are rebuilt and all is fine. Only for one
> > time though: running cvsup a second time will show 'SetAttrs' on the files
> > that were updated in the previous run. See example of two cvsup runs:
>
> Until you solve the problem, the '-s' option may help you.
>
> Are the permissions on /usr/sup at all strange?  They will typically
> be 655 root:wheel...

They are 755 on the dirs, 644 on the checkout files, all root:wheel.
Seems OK to me.

Some more experimenting revealed that it depends on the cvsup mirror
I'm using. Using cvsup2.nl.freebsd.org I have the SetAttrs problem, but
when switching to cvsup.nl.freebsd.org all is fine. I tried switching a
couple of times and it seems consistent. I'm happy now :-), but still
wondering what could be "wrong" on the cvsup2 mirror. I have logs of the
cvsup sessions if anyone is interested.

Karel.