Date:      Mon, 13 Mar 2017 16:41:52 +0100
From:      Harry Schmalzbauer <freebsd@omnilan.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sudo alternatives; for the minimalists

 Dear list,

after more than two decades of daily FreeBSD usage, I'm still astonished
that almost everybody else seems to use 'sudo'.
I don't use it because I don't agree with the idea to authorize with the
user password which I already used for current credentials.

But, I'd like to profit from cached credentials, like I experienced on
MacOS.

I agree with 'su root -c', which prompts for the SuperUser password to
get SuperUser priviledges and I once stumbled across a sudo-alternative
which does the same, but I don't remember it's name and it seems there
are a lot of more or less similar sudo-replacements.  Unfortunately I
haven't ever tried any of these and am always short in time.  Is there
any similar credential caching alternative like MacOS has?

I'd highly appreciate suggestions, especially from people sharing my
sudo-objections.

Thanks,

-harry