Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2006 07:05:15 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jonathan Horne" <freebsd@dfwlp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   (no subject)

im having a problem with cvsup-ing my existing sources.  if i update an
existing set, i get this:

 -=(oooooooooooooooooo)=(cvsup18.us.freebsd.org)=-

Parsing supfile "/root/stable-supfile"
Connecting to cvsup15.us.freebsd.org
Connected to cvsup15.us.freebsd.org
Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running
Updating collection src-all/cvs
Server warning: RCS file error in
"/usr/local/etc/cvsup/prefixes/FreeBSD.cvs/src/sys/modules/i2c/controllers/nfsmb/Makefile,v":
1: "head" expected
Shutting down connection to server
Finished successfully
[root@zeus ~]#

i use the stable-supfile, but with one changed line, to get me to RELENG:

*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_6_1

command i use to cvsup is as such:

cvsup -L 2 -h `(fastest_cvsup -q -c us )` /root/stable-supfile

and my system is:

FreeBSD zeus.dfwlp.com 6.1-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE-p2 #0: Thu Jun
29 00:56:08 CDT 2006     root@zeus.int.dfwlp.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ZEUS
 i386

last night i wanted to recompile the kernel, so that the next time i
reboot ill have p3.  when i cvsup'd my existing set, i got the above
error.  so i did a rm -rf /usr/src/*, cvsup'd again, and no issues.  put a
backup of my kernel conf file in there, and away i went.  i kinda thought
nothing of it until this morning, when just for kicks, i did another cvsup
on the same box, and got the updating error again.

none of my other boxes get an error like this, they all peform a normal
cvs updating operation.

any ideas?

tia,
jonathan