Date:      28 Aug 2002 20:55:22 +0200
From:      Sven Esbjerg <esbjerg@nettek.dk>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   default nautilus desktop objects/icons

Hi

I know this is not very tech but please bare with me.

I'm using gnome2 (2.0.1) from ports. When I let Nautilus draw the
Desktop it creates an object/icon for every disklabel. Thus I have 8
objects to access my filesystem + one cd-rom. These are all owned by
root and i as such not removable by the user.
I would like to configure which icons that are automatically created on
the users desktop but I haven't been able to find the configuration file
to this in. Gconf is not a big help...

Is this compiled into Nautilus on FreeBSD or can it be changed from a
(XML) file?

Any hints would be appriciated. Thus pointers to how the default
settings for Gnome2 is created are wellcome. It's quite hard to find any
info on how to change the settings from a sysadmins point of view (I
could read the source...).

Anyway thanx for a great job. Gnome2 is the first stable desktop on my
FreeBSD machines.

Sven Esbjerg
Copenhagen DK