Date:      Wed, 07 Oct 2020 22:27:30 +0000
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AR9271L Atheros Chipset (wireless usb)

> Is AR9271L Atheros Chipset supported yet? I can't find any mention of it
> directly under -current.

> thanks,

> J.

I have such an on-motherboard chipset; computer was built in June 2013: no support in FreeBSD.

NetBSD has such a driver, but very erratic.  It has worked occasionally in the past, in my latest installation I have to disable the chipset on boot, otherwise the boot hangs.

My NetBSD installation is rather behind, so I can see after the next update if that wireless works.

Tom