Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 06:54:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   3C589 problems?

I just want to know if anyone else is still having problems with their
3C589 or 574 after Matt Dodd's latest series of checkins.  For my Dell
Inspiron, his checkins solved the MAC address problem, but I'm still
having serious problems with both cards (I have both a 589D and a 574BT).
My problem shows itself in _very_ slow (on the order of 8 kB/s) and bursty
traffic, like it's still not getting interrupts and is using the watchdog
timer to clock packets in and out.  I uncommented the printf in the
ep_if_watchdog() and, sure enough, the watchdog timer is going off a _lot_.

Something is seriously wrong and I'm not sure where to look next.
--
Frank Mayhar frank@exit.com