Date:      Sat, 2 Jun 2001 09:26:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        ernst@jollem.com
Subject:   Re: Re: Supporting pkg-plist.gz ?

In article <20010602174119.A4802@c187104187.telekabel.chello.nl>,
Ernst de Haan  <ernst@jollem.com> wrote:
> > Agreed, but why bother?  5 MB is _nothing_.  The ports collection
> > isn't a space hog, and it never has been one.
>
> Well, what about being sensible and reasonable? Why spend disk space if you
> don't have to? The ports system is constantly improving, as it should.

It is not a savings in disk space unless you ignore the opportunity
costs.  Time and effort spent working toward negligible savings
is time and effort that is no longer available for more effective
improvements.  5 MB isn't even worth _arguing_ about ... so I'll have
nothing more to say on this thread. :-)

John