Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2001 20:35:18 -0500
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        "Juha Saarinen" <juha@saarinen.org>, "Matt of the Long Red Hair" <mattp@conundrum.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   What about SRP auth for telnet and ftp? [was Re: SRA auth ]

> Oh I see... it's the Secure RPC Authentication thingy.
> ftp://ftp.cerias.purdue.edu/pub/tools/unix/netutils/sra/sra.README

I've been working with Stanford's SRP stuff lately, and have had the passing
thought of adding support for it to the stock ftp and telnet daemons that
FreeBSD ships with.  (Mainly because I was quite annoyed at the number of
things I had to fix with the telnetd that ships with the SRP distribution.)

You can read more about SRP at http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~tjw/srp,
or in RFC 2945.

Would anyone be interested in seeing SRP functionality added?

--
Matt Emmerton