Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 2010 08:42:25 -0400
From:      Jerry <freebsd.user@seibercom.net>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Jail question

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 13:38:17 -0400
bdsfbsd@att.net <bdsfbsd@att.net> articulated:

> On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 09:32:44 -0400, Jerry
> <freebsd.user@seibercom.net> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 08:35:39 -0400
> > Fbsd8 <fbsd8@a1poweruser.com> articulated:
> >
> >> Check out qjail. It has been submitted for addition to the ports
> >> collection, but the ports dept is very slow in performing their
> >> task of adding new ports to the system. So in the mean time you
> >> can get qjail from here.
> >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/qjail/files/
> >
> > I have submitted new ports in the past and they were usually
> > accepted and posted within a short period of time; usually 2 weeks
> > or so. Perhaps there is a specific reason why this port has not
> > been accepted/released into the ports system. Have you, or whom
> > ever submitted the port, requested clarification as to why it has
> > not been accepted/released? Before issuing a blank condemnation of
> > the port's department it would seem like the logical course of
> > action. If you don't receive a satisfactory reply with two weeks,
> > then it might be worth escalating the matter.
> >
> > Just my 2¢.
> >

> I'm pretty sure I've seen this conversation between the same people
> before.
>
> Ah, yes:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-questions@freebsd.org/msg235282.html
>
> Noting that Aiza = FBSD8...

That PR would be: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=148777,
originally submitted on Tue, 20 Jul 2010 02:47:18 GMT by Joe Barbish
<joeb@a1poweruser.com>

There was a posting to it on October 15, 2010 sans reply. One would be
led to believe that there is a specific reason that it is stuck in the
queue. Perhaps "makc@FreeBSD.org" would care to respond.

--
Jerry ✌
FreeBSD.user@seibercom.net