Date:      Sun, 25 Jan 1998 12:59:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <dyson@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Last stable -current?

Ollivier Robert said:
> According to Amancio Hasty:
> > I haven't seen any posting from Dyson so I assume that -current still has
> > vm problems.
>
> The bad period is between Dec, 28th and Jan, 20th approx. nullfs/umapfs are
> unusable right now although some unionfs fixes are probably relevant to
> them as well.

Things should be better now.  I am being very cautious about making any
claims, however, try again.  (The problems weren't strictly with VM but
with VFS.)  PHK had started some things in motion, not breaking the
system, but showed me where things needed work.  I initially broke the
system, but worked on some stuff that followed up on PHK's work.  Things
should be better now, including the system should be more memory efficient.

Keep me posted.