Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 2002 18:48:01 -0600
From:      Scott Gerhardt <scott@gerhardt-it.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Patching sshd

Trying to patch my system for fix this apparent sshd vulnerability.

I tried patching my 4.5-Release box as outlined in #2 below with no luck.
I keep getting the following error when executing the following command:

# cd /usr/src/secure/usr.sbin/sshd
# make depend && make all install

make: don't know how to make login_access.c. Stop

I don't want to rebuild the whole system.

Suggestions welcome.

_______________________________
Do one of the following:

[For OpenSSH included in the base system]

1) Upgrade the vulnerable system to 4.4-RELEASEp9, 4.5-RELEASEp2,
   or 4.5-STABLE after the correction date and rebuild.

2) FreeBSD 4.x systems prior to the correction date:

The following patch has been verified to apply to FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE,
4.5-RELEASE, and 4.5-STABLE dated prior to the correction date.  It
may or may not apply to older, unsupported versions of FreeBSD.

Download the patch and the detached PGP signature from the following
locations, and verify the signature using your PGP utility.

# fetch
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/CERT/patches/SA-02:13/openssh.patch
# fetch
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/CERT/patches/SA-02:13/openssh.patch.asc

Execute the following commands as root:

# cd /usr/src
# patch < /path/to/sshd.patch
# cd /usr/src/secure/lib/libssh