Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 2002 22:05:19 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert - CITS Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        Alan E <alane@geeksrus.net>
Cc:        e-devil@goatse.cx, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/36849: FVWM-Themes fails to switch themes

In message <20020411044532.GA25314@wwweasel.geeksrus.net>, Alan E
writes:
> On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 09:29:28PM -0700, Cy Schubert - CITS Open Systems Gro
> up wrote:
>
> >The fvwm-themes port should refuse to install when Gnome is installed
> >or at the very least print a message warning users that it cannot be
> >used with an fvwm with Gnome support, e.g.,
> >
> >.if exists($(PREFIX)/bin/gnome-config)
> >BROKEN="fvwm-themes will not work if used with an fvwm built with Gnome
> >support"
> >.endif
>
> Just because Gnome is installed does not imply that any given port uses
> it. There's the WITHOUT_GNOME knob which can be used when a port is
> built to turn it off.

The issue is not that fvwm-themes might use Gnome but that the fvwm2 it
relies on uses it.  I suppose a better message would be:

"fvwm-themes requires that fvwm2 (or fvw2-devel) be built
WITHOUT_GNOME.  If you have installed fvwm2 subsequent to installing
Gnome, and WITHOUT_GNOME was not specified when installing fvwm2,
please deinstall fvwm2 and reinstall it WITHOUT_GNOME."

Cheers,                          Phone:  250-387-8437
Cy Schubert                        Fax:  250-387-5766
Team Leader, Sun/Alpha Team      Email:  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca
Open Systems Group, CITS
Ministry of Management Services
Province of BC