Date:      Sun, 22 Jul 2001 09:30:34 -0700
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@EnContacto.Net>
To:        Troy Settle <troy@psknet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Joker problem

Quoting Troy Settle <troy@psknet.com>:

| Last email I sent to joker.com has been over a year unanswered.  After the
| first couple months, I switched everything over to an OpenSRS RSP
| (http://www.namespeed.com).  Couldn't be happier, I get support via phone,
| email, or irc almost anytime I need it.
|
| Though, with some 70 or 80 domains, I've been thinking about getting myself
| signed up as an RSP with OpenSRS.

Troy,

Thanks for the info.  I just read through it quickly and could not really find any drawbacks, have you?

I need a solution. I've got a couple hundred domains scattered between
four registars, and have a click through to register.com, that generates
a little cash flow.  This looks like a neat way to get all my eggs in
one basket.  I was planing to do this with gandi.net but this is even
a little cheaper(depends on the euro).

I guess it's time to print contracts to be signed and faxed:-(
That is a downside, I guess.

ed

| --
|   Troy Settle
|   Pulaski Networks
|   540.994.4254 - 866.477.5638
|   http://www.psknet.com

| ** |
| ** | I will take most of the responsibility for this.  I made a mistake and
| ** | will probably do so again.  I have registered hundreds of domains
| ** | through Joker.com and untill this episode, have had no problems.  I am
| ** | just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
| ** |
| ** | First, I logged in under my regular admin address and registered a new
| ** | clients domain.  Second, I mistyped the owner, admin, and
| ** billing e-mail
| ** | address with an undeliverable AOL address.  However, I typed in and
| ** | checked the appropriate box to make the tech handle my own.  As you
| can
| ** | guess, the same undeliverable address was recorded for every contact
| ** | position.
| ** |
| ** | Now, I can login under my regular admin address and change any
| ** aspect of
| ** | the new undeliverable e-mail/admin handle except the undeliverable
| ** | address, which is needed if you ever want to make changes to
| ** or renew this
| ** | domain in the future.
| ** |
| ** | So far, I haven't even been able to get a response from Joker on this
| ** | subject at all.
| ** |
| ** | Any suggestions would be appreciated,
| ** |
| ** | --
| ** | Jim Weeks
| ** |