Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 09:49:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dave Runkle <drunkle@home.com>
To:        Freebsd Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Best Time Synch Utility

A really simple one (and it's in the ports) is 'rdate', but size
ain't everything. ;) The pkg is only 4k in size. It can be done via
cron, once daily, weekly, whatever, stuck in periodic, or even
executed from the command line, to set time on your machine or just
to check time.

	# /usr/local/sbin/rdate -s time.u.washington.edu

will set your box to the time at your favorite time-server, or just

	$ /usr/local/sbin/rdate -p time.u.washington.edu
	Thu Apr  6 09:36:02  2000
	$

to give you the time. User privs to 'print' the time, root to
actually set the machine. It has a ' -a ' switch to 'gradually skew
the time' to match the server without a sudden hop.

Dave