Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 14:51:12 -0500
From:      "Otter" <otterr@telocity.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <questions@freebsd.org>, <mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PCCARD config question

I just got a laptop (Toshiba 330CDS) and have a pccard which worked
for ftp install, but after the reboot, won't work now. I realize the
install automated the enabling of the device, but I need to set it up
so it's found at boot or at least so I can manually start the NIC.
It's a 3com 3CXFE574BT, found on the install as an "ep" device. I've
got the default/generic kernel, so no device support has been removed.
At boot time, I can see it tries to ifconfig the device, but there is
a message about "device ep does not exist". Shortly before that, I see
an error message stating "/dev/card0: device not configured". What am
i missing? There are entries for card0-3 in my /dev. I haven't found
much in the way of documentation for this, other than searching the
mailing list and reading the man page for pccard.conf. Any info would
be greatly appreciated. Please Cc: me in the reply as I'm not
subscribed to -mobile. TIA.
-Otter