Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 1999 16:02:54 -0400
From:      Jason Canon <jcanon@comtechnologies.com>
To:        David Schwartz <davids@webmaster.com>
Cc:        Igor Roshchin <igor@physics.uiuc.edu>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netstat -r

Ordinarily I would agree with you completely but what Igor and I are both
saying is that something external to our environments (e.g., IANA) appears
to have been the source.  My /etc/hosts file contains resolution for all private
IPs in use on the LAN.  This has been working fine for almost 1 year but
during the past 24 hours or so the server ignored the hosts file and printed
an IANA resolution instead.