Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 1999 16:17:39 -0500
From:      "Vivid" <vivid@shaw.wave.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Identd and NAT Install

I see, the only reason I was asking is, I know in the Linux distribution,
their Identd also does not work over a NAT install.  However there are
daemons available that not only handle idents on the linux box, but also the
connected machines.  http://www.ojnk.org/~odin and
http://p8ur.op.het.net/midentd/.  I am not positive how this works.. but it
looks like it will relay the ident through the NAT.  As i said I don't know
how this works, but they do exist.

I will however, try the BNC.  BTW What have you had luck using, the BNC that
comes with the ports, or another BNC package that is out there.  Also what
kind of security risks are there if any.  (Well of course there are risks
:))