Date:      Thu, 09 Sep 1999 18:56:48 +0300
From:      "Andy V. Oleynik" <andyo@prime.net.ua>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp crashed with SIG 10.

Now one more interesting SIG 10:

# gdb ppp /ppp2.core
GNU gdb 4.18
[..]
#0  0x809c162 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x809c162 in ?? ()
#1  0x806c13c in sig_Handle () at sig.c:101
#2  0x80656a2 in DoLoop (bundle=0x8080070) at main.c:532
#3  0x8065399 in main (argc=3, argv=0xbfbfde10) at main.c:448
#4  0x804ac59 in _start ()
(gdb) up
#1  0x806c13c in sig_Handle () at sig.c:101
101               (*handler[sig])(sig + 1);
(gdb) display sig
(gdb) display
1: sig = 134852656
But I really dont understand how it could happen (NSIG=32 8o)
(gdb) list
96            for (sig = 0; sig < NSIG; sig++)
97              if (caused[sig]) {
98                caused[sig]--;
99                got++;
100               result++;
101               (*handler[sig])(sig + 1);
102             }
103         } while (got);
104       }
105
(gdb) output got
134857104           # Woops !!!!
(gdb) output result
1                           # Only reasonable value
(gdb) output caused[sig]
Cannot access memory at address 0x282ffce0.   # Of course :)
(gdb)
Can it be  any compiler's flags problem? Final line of make is:
cc -O -pipe -Wall -DHAVE_DES -I. -I../libhack    -o ppp acf.o arp.o async.o
auth.o bundle.o cbcp.o ccp.o chap.o chat.o command.o datalink.o deflate.o
defs.o exec.o filter.o fsm.o hdlc.o id.o iface.o ip.o ipcp.o iplist.o lcp.o
link.o log.o lqr.o main.o mbuf.o mp.o pap.o physical.o pred.o probe.o
prompt.o proto.o route.o server.o sig.o slcompress.o sync.o systems.o tcp.o
throughput.o timer.o tty.o tun.o udp.o vjcomp.o alias_cmd.o chap_ms.o
radius.o uucplock.o  -lcrypt -lmd -lutil -lz -L../libhack -lalias -ldes
-lradius
making objfiles is similar.
# uname -a
FreeBSD hostname 3.2-STABLE FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE #3: Tue Aug 31 13:52:41 EEST
1999     root@hostname:/usr/3.2/src/sys/compile/GATE  i386
# cc -v
gcc version 2.7.2.3
#
Or I missunderstand smth?

To Mr. Sommers - excuse me my bad manner :| I hope I'm giving U enough info?

--
WBW  Andy V. Oleynik            (When U work in virtual office
prime.net.ua's                   U have good chance to obtain