Date:      Wed, 01 Nov 1995 15:08:27 -0800
From:      Tom Proett <proett@nas.nasa.gov>
To:        lyndon@orthanc.com
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Known working DAT drives

I have an older DAT drive by Wangtek, model 6130 FS.  I started
out with my system running FreeBSD 1.1.  The controller is
an Adaptec 1742.  I upgraded to FreeBSD 1.1.5.1 ... no problem.
When I upgraded to FreeBSD 2.0.5 ... problem.  I had previously
been using tar with a block size of 128k.  This did not work
under 2.0.5.  It does work with block sizes under 64k.  Some
change took place where it now thinks it is using variable
length blocks.  Other than that it has worked fine.

Tom Proett