Date:      Tue, 8 Feb 2005 14:44:39 -0700
From:      Pat Maddox <pergesu@gmail.com>
To:        Pat Maddox <pergesu@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Inactive memory

Alright, that lets me know that it's not an entirely bad thing.  It
does say, however, that it's fine as long as the free memory isn't
REALLY low.  It did get down to 13MB though, as I said.

So now I understand that it's alright for the free memory to be low.
I don't understand how the inactive, cache, and buffered memory are
used though.  When a process uses up all the free memory, does it then
use some from inactive, or does it use swap?