Date:      Mon, 27 Feb 1995 11:57:33 -0600 (CST)
From:      Guy Helmer <ghelmer@alpha.dsu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Max procs per user

Is there a common way of increasing the max processess allowed per user
in FreeBSD 1.1.5.1?  Is it "options MAXUPRC" in the kernel configuration
file?

My news server machine is occasionally giving "can't fork - Resource
temporarily unavailable" errors, probably at times when the entire
Computer Concepts classes are all connecting at once with their
newsreaders.  I suspect the user "news" is hitting the max procs limit...

Guy Helmer, Dakota State University Computing Services - ghelmer@alpha.dsu.edu