Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 00:08:39 +0530
From:      "Amit Tantia" <amit@grabmail.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Ram Disk

Hello,

I have an free bsd 4.1.1 running on my system with Apache...and I have an
AMD K6 with 400 mbs ram...I am looking out for a ram disk driver for our
system

Normally, when you write out to a file the operating system has disk drivers
which write the data out to a physical disk. Some programmers have written
drivers that use memory and make that memory look like a hard drive to the
operating system. This means when you read file from the disk the read
happens VERY VERY quickly (much faster than reading from a hard drive).

If any one can help me with getting info for a ram disk driver...I would be
very grateful.

Amit Tantia