Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 1997 18:10:09 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Kenneth Ingham <ingham@i-pi.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.5-RELEASE and PC Cards

Kenneth Ingham scribbled this message on Oct 23:
> Thanks to Nate's suggested changed to /etc/pccard.conf, things are better.
> The ethernet card is recognized when I plug it in, and ifconfig shows it
> properly configured.
> The modem appears to work (I can talk to it), but I haven't actually
> tried dialing with it.
>
> However, now the power light on the connector is not on.
>
> If I pull the card out, wait a moment, and put it back in, the light
> lights up until I get the message that the card has been recognized.
> Then it goes out.    It goes out right on the second beep.

what type of connection is it?  is it a 10bt card?  if so, make sure
that you have it plugged into the network (it's a link light)... if
your using 10b2, then the power light is an activity light... (at least
that's the way on my 3c589b)...   also, the above sounds almost exactly
what you should recieve..  have you tried to actually use the network?

hope this helps..  ttyl..

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD