Date:      Thu, 19 Nov 1998 21:18:08 +0900
From:      "Tetsuji Rai" <caq23050@pop17.odn.ne.jp>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   network connection

I'm thinking of connecting 2 computers by ether net (10BASE2)., one of which
is connected to Internet by PPP.  This is mentioned in the handbook, but I
cannot get it to work.  Like following
[local2] <-ether-> [local1]  <-ppp-> [ISP]

  First of all, 2 computers cannot be connected.  On local1,
ifconfig ep0 inet 10.0.0.1 link1    (ep0 means 3c509, link1 specifies BNC)
is executed.  On local2
ifconfig ep0 inet 10.0.0.2 link2
is executed.  But these two machines are not connected (ie. even ping
doesn't work)
Furthermore, after executing
route add default 10.0.0.1
on local2, some programs like xterm doesn't run properly.
  Any help I can get would be appreciated.

-Tetsuji