Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 2000 19:48:51 +0100
From:      "Thierry.herbelot" <herbelot@cybercable.fr>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Cameron Grant <gandalf@vilnya.demon.co.uk>, Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Suggestions for improving newpcm performance?

Amancio Hasty wrote:

> > the situation with voxware is that it will remain in 4.x, but unless a
> > maintainer comes forward who will convert it to newbus, in -current it will
> > soon be toast.
>
> I can't promise anything specially since I have a new job;nevertheless, before
> you decide to toast the voxware from current send me mail . If -core decides
> to toast voxware I will probably pick up the maintainence of voxware from
> right here were maintainence of voxware used to be. The latter is not a bad
> idea since it will avoid conflicts between -core and I.

Wouldn't it be better to list the apps which **need** some voxware
functionalities (I have just discovered that Spaek_Freely is one such
beast) and try get them running with pcm ?

	TfH

--
Thierry Herbelot                        ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN   /"\
mailto:herbelot@cybercable.fr          AGAINST HTML MAIL & NEWS \ /