Date:      Fri, 28 Nov 2008 10:08:19 -0700
From:      Andrew Falanga <af300wsm@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   gmirror and the UFS file systems

Hi,

I'm getting ready to move forward on enabling gmirror on my churches website
server (FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE p4).  I used defaults during the install (most
importantly for this, the file system defaults).  I've read in the manual
pages that the data for the mirror is contained in the last sector of the
drive/partitions.  So, I want to mirror the entire drive (ad4) to the second
drive (ad5).  This server doesn't yet have much data at all.  I'm wondering
if I turn on this mirror, will anything important be overwritten in the last
sector?

Andy