Date:      Thu, 13 Aug 1998 20:06:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
To:        Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Which vendors' PC you would recommend for FreeBSD? better with DVD supported

(moved to -questions for obvious reasons)

I have a dell P2-300 system here, very nice, all hardware is good, however
2 problems with freebsd.

the 905b card that came with it is currently only unofficially supported
(hoping to change in a week or so)

it has an atapi cdrom, atapi sucks under linux and freebsd.  (both lack
adequete hardware watchdog timers to reset the devices if they get wedged)

try to get a scsi cdrom if you are getting cdroms and Intel Ether Express
ProB cards.

Alfred Perlstein
--

Programmer @ HotJobs Inc. [- http://www.hotjobs.com/ -]
|-- There are operating systems, and then there's BSD.