Date:      Wed, 29 May 2002 21:23:02 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        ozdemir dogan <ozdemirdgn@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: port problem

--U+BazGySraz5kW0T

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 09:04:36PM -0700, ozdemir dogan wrote:
>    Sorry this is my fourth message about this subject
> but couldn't get an answer from ports mailing list.
>    What is the reason of failing to apply the patches
> int the ports?I am using FreeBSD 4.5-stable.And I took
> the latest port of XFree86-4 4.2.0 from Freshports( I
> can't use my modem under freebsd:winmodem).But ports
> give an error when compiling.Error
>    patch-2 failed to apply cleanly.
>    What can I do?

You probably have stale patches in your ports collection.  This may be
caused by updating your source tree improperly [1]; you can "fix" the
problem by removing the offending port directory and refreshing the
sources with cvsup.

Kris

[1] e.g. by failing to "adopt" the ports collection the first time you
cvsup after installing, as described in the cvsup FAQ.

Kris

--U+BazGySraz5kW0T

--U+BazGySraz5kW0T--