Date:      Tue, 4 Oct 2005 09:57:37 -0500
From:      Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        Ali Adur <aladur@freemail.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: distfiles download

------=_Part_8307_27770558.1128437857205

On 10/3/05, Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com> wrote:
> What I did was to duplicate the fetch-recursive target, renaming it to
> getright-recursive, then modified the getright-recursive target to
> return the first 9 sites and the ftp.freebsd.org site as a URL.
>
> Then to create the list, I would use:
>
> cd /usr/ports/www/apache2
> make getright-recusive > /mnt/dos/apache2.grx

My memory was off a little the correct command is:
make getright-required-list > apache2.grx

> I don't have a diff of this change with me at the moment, but I can
> send it tomorrow.

Save the attached patch to a disk that you can access from FreeBSD,
then do the following to apply it:

cd /usr/ports
gunzip /location/of/patch/bsd_mk.diff.gz
patch < /location/of/patch/bsd_mk.diff

This adds a patch to /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk and creates a new file
called bsd.getright.mk.  The bsd.getright.mk adds two new targets:

  getright-recursive-list - lists required source files needed for
depending ports
  getright-required-list - list all required source files that need to
be downloaded to create the port (including depending ports).

These functions are similar to their fetch-* counterparts, except they
output the list in a format that is compatible to be imported into
GetRight.

I also found a problem in the fetch-[list, required-list] targets, in
that they don't include the LIB_DEPENDS in the list.  The getright-*
targets have this problem fixed.

Scot

DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.

------=_Part_8307_27770558.1128437857205--