Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 1995 23:30:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jan Isley <jan@bagend.atl.ga.us>
To:        fadorno@ix.netcom.com (Fred Adorno)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installation

Fred Adorno wrote:
> I have a 540mb drive which is not partitioned.  I am using the whole
> drive under DOS.  I do have 150mb disk space available.  How do I
> proceed with installation of FreeBSD 2.0.5?  I am new to Unix and I
> wish to use this to tutor myself asap.  Should I get the manual's from
> O'Reilly?

If you don't want to spend that much for books to start, look at
_Unix System Administration Handbook 2nd edition_ by Evi Nemeth.
Also visit the freebsd.org web page for the *much improving* docs
there... and the FreeBSD.FAQ.  Be aware that most of the "unix"
books out there are more System V than BSD.  It is a distinction
with a difference for administering things.

There is a lot you can play with in 150mb.  There is a dos utility
that can work on a live system and free up that space for you ...
scares the **** out of me though! :)  Get the 2.0.5 CD and you have
lots of docs online, or get the boot floppy and read the help files
there to find out how to turn your dos drive into a FreeBSD thing.
--
Jan Isley                If you couldn't find any weirdness,
<jan@bagend.atl.ga.us>   maybe we'll just have to make some!