Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 2014 20:08:57 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Greg Rivers <gcr+freebsd-ports@tharned.org>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        mbeis@xs4all.nl, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mail/alpine quota.patch.gz fetch error

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014, Warren Block wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Jun 2014, Greg Rivers wrote:
>
>> I think the mirror sites and perhaps the checksums for quota.patch.gz
>> need to be refreshed.
>
> It appears that DIST_SUBDIR should not have been removed.  The attached
> patch was a quick hack last night, can't vouch for correctness.  Also,
> the maildir patch is no longer present at ftp.cac.washington.edu.

Your patch looks promising, but it omitted the quota patch.

I did some additional searching on the freeiz.com site and discovered that
the quota patch is no longer needed; it was integrated into the Alpine
code base as of version 2.10
(http://patches.freeiz.com/alpine/indexold.html).  I disabled QUOTA in the
port options, built the new version of Alpine, and confirmed that indeed
the quota function is there.

So it turns out that all that needs to be done is to remove the QUOTA
option from the Makefile.  It does however look like the maildir patch is
still needed if one wants to use maildir format mailboxes.

--
Greg