Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 12:00:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Dom Mitchell <Dom.Mitchell@palmerharvey.co.uk>
Cc:        "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: easily reproducible NFS-related panic

:>   cd /mnt
:>   ln /bin/ls .   --> this complaints about cross-device link, OK
:>   ln /bin/ls .   --> (yes, again)
:>   panic: vrele: negative ref cnt     --> CRASH!!!
:>
:> I have confirmed this with recent 3.0-STABLE and 3.1-BETA clients
:> and servers, and also with a Solaris 2.5.1 NFS server. However,
:> it does not happen on a 2.2.8-RELEASE client.
:>
:> Some feedback from the NFS gurus ;-) would be very useful.
:
:A fix for this has just recently been committed to 4.0.  Look through
:-current in the last week for mail from myself, matt dillon and a couple
:of others about "negative ref cnt".  It's a simple one line patch to
:fix.  I'm not sure if Matt has committed the fix to -stable yet.
:--
:Dom Mitchell -- Palmer & Harvey McLane -- Unix Systems Administrator
:
:	Free your mind -- http://www.opensource.org/

    Yes, it's been backported.  It made it into 3.1.

						-Matt