Date:      Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:37:36 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        damien.bergamini@free.fr, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, lists@yazzy.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel firmware

--nextPart1323707.oakgtutYxn

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:12, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <200506162217.10514.doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
>
>             "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au> writes:
> : There is a port for the ipw firmware but not for the iwi that I can see
> : so I'm not sure what the deal is there - maybe it doesn't need it
> : uploaded like ipw does.
>
> I believe that you still need to get it directly from the iwi web
> site.  Please see the iwi man page for what I discovered when I used
> my iwi device.

The man page has..
SEE ALSO
     an(4), ath(4), ipw(4), pci(4), wi(4), wlan(4), ifconfig(8),
     iwicontrol(8,) wicontrol(8)

     The IWI Web Page, http://damien.bergamini.free.fr/ipw/

There is no iwicontrol(8) page, and the URL goes to Damien's page. If you g=
o=20
through to the Download area you can get the iwi firmware and iwicontrol=20
source but it seems like an oversight that a) iwicontrol isn't in base, and=
=20
b) the iwi firmware isn't available as a port, since both of these for ipw=
=20
are available.

=2D-=20
are so many of them to choose from."