Date:      Mon, 14 Jul 1997 05:40:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Thomas Gellekum <tg@ihf.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-ports
Subject:   Re: ports/4058: Fix for felt-3.02

The following reply was made to PR ports/4058; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Thomas Gellekum <tg@ihf.rwth-aachen.de>
To: pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: 14 Jul 1997 14:39:13 +0200

 pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co writes:

 > felt didn't look for Xaw3d in the correct place. patch-ab was wrong,
 > so I replaced it with a new patch to support Xaw3d.

 felt seems to be fine without Xaw3d. If you absolutely want Xaw3d,
 move the old Xaw stuff out of the way and replace it with symlinks to
 the Xaw3d headers and library. There are only very few programs in the
 ports collection which really need special treatment for Xaw3d (like
 print/gv), we normally don't bother about the rest. This leaves the
 decision between Xaw, Xaw3d, neXtaw and Xaw95 to the user, where it
 belongs, IMHO.

 tg