Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 2003 00:39:30 -0600
From:      Chip Morton <tech_info@threespace.com>
To:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: jive (was RE: was this really necessary?)

At 11:02 AM 2/25/2003, William Palfreman wrote:
>On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Paul Robinson wrote:
> > In other words, jive owes it's existence to a desire of white middle-class
> > pricks to make fun of black working-class kids.
>
>Oh, you have got to be kidding.  The amount of rubbish written on this
>list.  I have never seen an ethnically homogenous hacker-group.  I don't
>believe they exist.  Hacking, and computers generally, transcends race.
>Now, Intel hardware and games consoles are owned by all different kinds
>of people.  Then, C64s and, frankly, every other kind of hardware, also
>didn't not have a racial basis to it.  You would have to be completely
>crazy to imagine that skin colour has _anything_, at all, to do with
>computers.  You are talking about a technology, merit driven industry,
>not some government quango where you might be able to get away with this
>kind of fact-free attention seeking.

Yeah, merit driven.  That's why Microsoft is the richest software company
the world has ever seen.  They write the best software.  And I can only
imagine what great rewards FreeBSD Core is reaping.  I mean, when you take
into account all the crap hurled at them off these lists alone, you gotta
figure they're taking away some serious scratch, right?

But seriously, the Masters of Deception were mostly based in New York
City.  And while not all of them were black, many of the notable members
were, which is what led to racial taunts from at least one high-level white
member of the Legion of Doom.

--Chip Morton