Date:      Sat, 12 May 2007 09:12:58 +0300
From:      Manolis Kiagias <sonicy@otenet.gr>
To:        Jack Barnett <jackbarnett@gmail.com>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: temp

Jack Barnett wrote:
> Is there any program that'll monitor the temperate of my motherboard?
>
> There are some windows program that'll give me status on my fans, CPU
> temps, motherboard temps, etc - is there anything like that in the
> ports collection?
>
> (basically I think my CPUs are overheating in one server)
There is sysutils/mbmon. I am using it successfully here. Pkg-descr reads:

This is a X/tty motherboard monitor which supports LM78/79, WINBond
83781D/83782D/83783S, ASUS 991227F, and VIA VT82C686A/B PC-health
chips via 3 methods: ISA-I/O, SMBus, VIA-direct.

If you also want a graphical representation in X, you can use gkrellm or
gkrellm2
(gtk based), reads the values from mbmon